This course is designed to ensure that participants have the skills and knowledge required to operate a boom type elevating work platform (boom length 11 metres or more) for licensing purposes.
This courses involves the operation of a telescoping device, hinged device, or articulated device or any combination of these used to support a platform on which personnel, equipment and materials may be elevated to perform work.
This unit is based on the requirements of the National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work.
TLILIC2005A Licence to operate a boom-type elevating work platform (boom length 11 metres or more)
- Assess ground conditions to confirm that the site is suitable
- Complete the positioning, stabilising, set up of elevating work platforms
- Use communication skills
- Operate and control an elevating work
- Apply risk assessment and hazard control strategies
- Use and interpret manufacturer’s specifications and data
- Identify problems and equipment faults
- Appropriate mathematical procedures for estimation of loads
- WHS legislation, standards and codes of practice
- Emergency procedures and safety equipment
- Understanding of organisational and workplace standards
- Hierarchy of hazard identification and control
- Procedures for the recording, reporting and maintenance of workplace records
- Accurately record and maintain information relating to elevating work platform operations
NEXUS ENGINEERING SOLUTIONS
Providing your business with engineering solutions in Papua New Guinea
OUR PARTNERS IN PAPUA NEW GUINEA