The High Voltage Operator course is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills required to understand and safely act as an Authorised Operator.
The training program provides practical skills and knowledge to develop switching programs, perform switching operations, operate HV circuit breaking devices and LV secondary circuit devices. Includes legislation, theory and practical application to high voltage installations and maintenance.
Emphasis is placed on practical switching exercises, performed on the Client’s own HV equipment.
UEPOPS349B Operate Local HV Switchgear
UEPOPS428B Develop High Voltage Switching Programs
UEPOPS456A Perform Switching to a Switching Program
UEPOPS525A Coordinate and direct switching program
Full Course: Four (4) Days
Refresher Course: Two (2) Days
- Understand the legislative framework that governs high voltage work activities
- Understand and comply with relevant regulations and operational procedures
- Understand and identify the hazards associated with the high voltage systems
- Understand and safely complete the work permit process application, preparation, isolation, issue, completion, cancelation and restoration, in compliance with operational procedures
- Understand, identify and safely operate high voltage, low voltage, control and protection devices associated with the HV apparatus, in compliance with operational procedures
- Understand, safely apply and remove fixed and portable earthing equipment, in compliance with enterprise procedures
NEXUS ENGINEERING SOLUTIONS
Providing your business with engineering solutions in Papua New Guinea
OUR PARTNERS IN PAPUA NEW GUINEA