This training is designed for non-electrical workers to act as an electoral safety observer and covers compliance requirements for working safely near live electrical equipment.
It includes work functions that may be performed, such as vegetation control, scaffolding, spotting mobile equipment, electrical fault-finding, and/or any other activity that requires working safely and complying with requirements and/or established procedures for work near live electrical apparatus.
UETTDREL14A Working Near Live Electrical Apparatus – Non Electrical Worker
- Identify statutory Acts and Regulations associated with working or operating vehicles/plant, equipment and hand held tools near overhead power lines/Underground Services
- Identify hazards associated with working or operating vehicles/plant, equipment and handheld tools near overhead power lines/Underground Services
- Undertake risk management procedures including identifying hazards that may be present, and the precautions to be taken when work is carried out near overhead power lines
- Interpret the ‘Approach Distances/Exclusion Zones’ for work near overhead power lines
- Identify correct emergency procedures associated with working or operating vehicles/plant, equipment and hand held tools near overhead power lines
- Perform the emergency procedures required in the event of an electrical incident / accident
NEXUS ENGINEERING SOLUTIONS
Providing your business with engineering solutions in Papua New Guinea
OUR PARTNERS IN PAPUA NEW GUINEA